- About Us
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
BEFORE THE ZONING HEARING BOARD, SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP,
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
A PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD ON THE FOLLOWING PETITIONS
ON MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2017 AT 7:00 P.M. AT
SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP MIDDLE SCHOOL,
1901 PAPER MILL RD., ORELAND, PA:
1. The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3104 Civic Center Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19104 is petitioning for variances from the following zoning code sections for signage at 821 Bethlehem Pike, Erdenheim, PA 19038, T.M.P. # 520001549001:
1. Sec. 114-144.A(3) to increase ground sign area from 25 sq. ft. to 60 sq. ft.
2. Sec. 114-144.C(2) to increase primary facial sign area from 40 sq. ft. to 75.5 sq. ft.
3. Sec. 114-144.C(1) to increase number of secondary facial signs from 1 to 3. (See Notes below)
4. Sec. 114-144.A(3) to increase size of 1 secondary facial sign from 20 sq. ft. to 75.5 sq. ft.
5. Sec. 114-144.C(3) to increase the height of 1 secondary facial sign from 18 ft. to 22 ft.
The subject property is located in the Business-1 and Residence AA districts.
2. LukOil North America, Inc., 505 5th Ave., New York, NY is seeking a variance from sec. 114-134.B to reduce the number of off-street parking spaces from 16 to 11 provided for the expansion of floor area of an existing convenience store located at a gasoline service station from 392 sq. ft. to 1,586 sq. ft. at 630 Bethlehem Pike, Erdenheim, PA 19038, T.M.P. # 520001723007. Applicant is also appealing the ruling of the Zoning Officer that the 8 fueling stations at the gasoline service station cannot be considered parking spaces under sec. 114-134. This property is located in the Business-2 district
ALL INTERESTED PERSONS MAY APPEAR AND BE HEARD
Any individual with a disability, wishing to attend the above scheduled meeting and requiring an auxiliary aid, service or other accommodation to participate in the proceedings, please contact the Zoning Officer at 215-836-7600 to discuss how Springfield Township can provide assistance.
BY ORDER OF THE ZONING HEARING BOARD
Robert S. Dunlop, Zoning Officer
NOTES: The previously advertised petition submitted by Lorenz Properties, LLC for the property located at 400 Bethlehem Pike, Erdenheim, has been continued at the applicant's request.
In addition, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has announced their intention to amend their application for the property located at 821 Bethlehem Pike, Erdenheim, by reducing the number of secondary facial signs from 3 to 2.
Please check back for the current agenda or click here to have it e-mailed to your inbox.